I am so delighted and grateful to have been nominated for a Liebster Award! Much love to Eva Leona Lerriqs and The Cupcake Rescue League
In order to receive this award I have agreed to the following – and that’s fabulous!
1) Thank your nominator and link back to that person. Check!
2) State 11 random facts about yourself. Check!
3) Answer your nominator’s questions. Done!
4) Nominate 11 nominees whose blogs are new, obscure, have under 400 followers. My friends are many things, that’s for sure! But I chose to highlight great writing, regardless of how many followers.
5) Provide 11 questions for nominees to answer. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
6) Notify your nominees.Easy peasy!
7) Show the Liebster Badge on your blog. With pride!
Random Facts About Myself
1) The guy I took to my junior prom – all girls’ school – was a blind date.
2) When I ride the subway, I like to look out the window.
3) I never acquired a taste for peas.
4) My favorite snack is popcorn.
5) I skipped 6th grade and never learned percents.
6) I memorized all the prepositions in the 7th grade and can still recite most of them from memory.
7) And speaking of memory, I had to memorize the map of Paris in my high school French class. When I finally got there, many years later, I knew my way around.
8) I hate it when you look outside and can’t tell if it’s raining.
9) I think chocolate frosting and vanilla icing taste the same.
10) I used to work for a conductor at the Metropolitan Opera and got free tickets and passes to rehearsals.
11) I once lost weight to buy a cool skirt and the first time I wore it, somebody made fun of me wearing it.
1) What is your favorite book quote?
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina – “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”
2) Any pets or pet peeves?
I have way too many pet peeves in my house – no room for pets! And I’m allergic to cats. My key peeve right now is when journalists call a woman “Mom” in a story about her that has absolutely no relevance to her being a mother.
3) What have you taught yourself to do?
Knit. When my oldest was a baby, she had FOMO – fear of missing out – and never took naps. So I taught myself to knit in front of her. She got so bored watching me, she’d fall asleep.
4) What was the last item you misplaced?
My flash drive!
5) Favorite dessert?
Chocolate pudding. With Cool Whip.
6) What do you do for fun?
I love to walk.
7) Any cooking mishaps?
In order to have mishaps, I would have to cook. I don’t much, …
8) What is your favorite breakfast?
Raisin Bran and banana with ice cold whole milk.
9) What do you look forward to doing when you wake up?
Coffee! In my Studebaker mug.
10) What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
I was invited to a party. One of the guests showed up with a piece of the Berlin Wall which had just come down the day before. I bit into a cheese puff and squirted cheese out the other end all down the front of my dress. I got to the kitchen to clean it all up and found my husband there doing the same thing. We were so out of place in that crowd!
11) What is your favorite seasoning?
Salt. I keep salt packets in my purse in case I go to the movies and halfway through the popcorn, I run out.
My questions for my nominees:
Desert island soundtrack?
How old were you when you got your first passport?
In your house, is it supper or dinner and when do you eat?
Favorite color in the sunset?
Football fan – college, pro, or no?
If you had to write something on the spot, would it be fiction or non?
First plane ride?
Picnic in the park – fancy basket, wine glasses, napkins? Or takeout in a paper bag?
Have you ever gotten lost?
Can you sing?
How do you take your coffee? Or are you a tea drinker?
Enjoy! Congratulations, Nominees!
Thanks again to Eva and the cupcakes!